Thursday, October 2, 2008

Six Quirks

I've been tagged by Kelli to name six quirks about myself, I hope you're all still my friends after this.

1. I never really learned how to ride a bike. The first time I rode I ran into a parked car (well I more tapped it and fell off the bike into the grass). That was it for me, I've only been on like one since and it also didn't go well. (Steve keeps saying he's going to make me learn out in our cul-de-sac)

2. I have a serious phobia of people touching my neck. I figure it's because I've had to get echocardiograms on my neck since I was little because of my heart problem and they push down on that soft spot on your neck right below your adams apple. Even thinking about it gives me the chills. But because of that anything resembling people getting hurt on their neck wigs me out!

3. I absolutely love ice cold water, and I mean I will drink it until I am ill. When I was little I actually did make mysef sick off of it.

4. Whenever Steve is gone late at night I watch one of three things until I fall asleep: Hook, Ratatouille, or Donald Duck Cartoons. They’re my comfort movies.

5. I am really bad at talking to people on the phone, maybe this is another phobia of mine but when I get on the phone with people I get all tongue tied. Face-to-face talking is absolutely fine, but phone talking…So if you ever have a very short phone conversation with me it’s not because I don’t like you, it’s because I feel so awkward on the phone. Sometimes I won’t pick up the phone if someone caught me off-guard by calling because I don’t know what to say. It’s ridiculous and I need to get over it, but it’s one of those quirks.

6. Hmm…number 6…oh I don’t like the feeling of dirt, chalk, or flour on my hands. It gives me the chills. And thus it is very hard to garden, write on the board, or bake anything, but I do it anyway. (Sorry this last one was kind of lame)
Oh well hope you enjoyed!

I’m tagging Katie and Tom to put a list of their six quirks on their blog! (and they can't be one list of joint quirks, it has to be two separate lists)

4 comments:

Laura said...

I still love you, none of those were all that bad. Have you always loved Donald Duck cartoons? Just one more thing you and Steve have in common. Love ya!

Mary said...

Those are some unique quirks, but I still love you too. If it makes you feel any better, we all have them! And those are pretty good comfort movies!

Steve and Li'l KAS said...

I have always been fond of Donald Duck, I used to have a Daisy hat when I was little (from Disneyland of course) and thanks for making me feel good!

Guitarpicker said...

I was afraid this would eventually happen. We were actually trying to figure out what our quirks were at dinner the other night, just in case, but we don't have any. (did anybody buy that?). Stay tuned. And, yes I still love you, too.